So, I have a slight problem getting my site to validate at the moment, which I'd appreciate some help figuring out. It goes something like this:
- Wordpress produces XHTML
- Therefore, this site has a lot of XHTML in it that I can't control (my php skills are not up to editing anything server-side)
- del.icio.us automatically posts my link entries as HTML (minus the eX)
- Therefore, this site also has a lot of HTML in it that I can't control
- Some of the XHTML won't validate as HTML and some of the HTML won;t validate as XHTML
- Therefore, my site doesn't validate.
So, I guess my problem is
- How much does it matter?
- How much do I care?
- Can I do anything about it either way?